Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Personal hotspot not working iOS 17.3

I update my iPhone 12 to iOS 17.3 yesterday and since then I have the problem that I can’t connect with my laptop to my personal hotspot. I haven’t had any problems earlier.

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Jan 24, 2024 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2024 3:02 PM

I called Apple care. They refused to help me with this issue saying it was a carrier issue. I spent 2 hours with T mobile engineers and we determined that the phone no longer gives a dhcp address in hotspot mode. Apple care insistent that the hotspot doesn’t work that way.

the told me to call me carrier.

i put my SIM card in an android phone running version 10, and voila I got hotspot capability.

so it is not the carrier. Apple no longer has the capability to solve problems with their own devices.

44 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2024 3:02 PM in response to Nikefit

I called Apple care. They refused to help me with this issue saying it was a carrier issue. I spent 2 hours with T mobile engineers and we determined that the phone no longer gives a dhcp address in hotspot mode. Apple care insistent that the hotspot doesn’t work that way.

the told me to call me carrier.

i put my SIM card in an android phone running version 10, and voila I got hotspot capability.

so it is not the carrier. Apple no longer has the capability to solve problems with their own devices.

Jan 24, 2024 8:25 AM in response to Nikefit

Yes, I have noticed the same issue and confirm that it appears to be iOS related.

I used mobile hotspot on an iPhone 15 (17.2.1) and was able to share the hotspot and connect to a Windows PC. I then used an iPhone SE 3rd Gen (17.3) and was not able to successfully share/connect using mobile hotspot. Tried with another iPhone SE 3rd Gen (17.3), same issue.

Personal hotspot not working iOS 17.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.