Newsroom Update

Apple News+ introduces Quartiles, a new original spelling game, and Offline Mode for subscribers. Learn more >

Can't unhide/restore a movie through TV app on desktop Mac

With iTunes no longer available, the directions listed here Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support no longer work. When I click "Manage" in Account Settings, it opens the Music app (would've previously opened iTunes). The Music app doesn't have any access to Movie content, so the process is stuck. I've hidden some movies but no longer am able to restore them.

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Feb 17, 2024 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2024 6:45 AM

I did use the TV app to access account settings, but when I click “Manage” for hidden items, it switches over to the Music app automatically. Is there another way to unhide movies in the TV app that isn’t mentioned on the help article I linked in my original post?

Similar questions

21 replies

Mar 5, 2024 1:06 AM in response to nathangibbs

I have the exact same bug since I've updated to MacOs 14.3.1 Sonoma. The day before I updated I didn"t have it.

Check my Apple Community Post and let me know through comments if you guys are experience the same thing?

I am hopeful that will Apple will fix this bug ASAP especially for the new update that will be coming 14.4

Special thanks Apple Community people.

🚨 MacOs 14.3.1 Sonoma Bug, Can't see or … - Apple Community

Mar 7, 2024 12:26 AM in response to nathangibbs

Don't know if this will help anyone, but I was having the same issue. I was just clicking around trying to find a workaround, and went in to view my preordered movie. Then when I clicked done it brought up a different looking account settings page. This time when I went back to view my hidden movies it worked. It might do the same if you go to something movie/tv specific and then try accessing the hidden purchases.

I tried this method on my wife's Mac (which was having the same issue) and this worked as well. If you don't have a pre-order, I'd imagine you could pre-order something, access your hidden movies and then cancel the pre-order when you're done and you shouldn't be charged.

Mar 8, 2024 3:13 AM in response to nathangibbs

100% 💯 Real ✅ Solution 👍 Hidden purchases for all 3 apps. Attention: All @Apple Support Communities

Link with screenshots: 🚨 MacOs 14.3.1 Sonoma Bug, Can't see or … - Apple Community

Check the link it's a really a super easy solution, please let me know if you were able to get hidden purchases today.

Special thanks for everyone who is reading this for everyone that cares to help here at Apple Support Community.

nathangibbs Smilin-Brian ArcticOrsa lwd Zolos kodamamoon muguy

Mar 7, 2024 4:49 AM in response to Zolos

Hi Zolos

Well done! This worked. Thank you for taking the time to post and help.

This was the process I had to go through to make it work (I had to try a couple of combos to get it):

1. Apple TV app on Mac - go to Home (it didn't work when I tried this whilst in library, for example)
  2. Click your icon at bottom left
  3. Go to pre-orders (I already pre-ordered Dune 2)
  4. Click DONE
  5. Then go into hidden purchases

Has worked a number of times now. I've unhidden all movies just in case.

Thanks

Mar 4, 2024 11:48 AM in response to muguy

That's really strange, it seems that many people have the same problem and can no longer access hidden Movies and TV shows, I'm wondering what is different about your setup. When I use the TV App on macOS, it opens the Music app and then only shows Purchased music. If I try on iOS or iPadOS it just goes to hidden apps, no Movies or TV shows!

Mar 4, 2024 12:52 PM in response to Smilin-Brian

I have. When you go to Hidden Purchases, manage, you no longer see hidden Movies and TV shows, so it's impossible to unhide them currently on macOS Intel (14.3.1), iPadOS (17.3.1) or iOS (17.3.1). I am well aware of how to unhide items and it always used to work, but since a certain software update, I don't know exactly which, the functionality to unhide is completely broken.

Mar 4, 2024 11:10 AM in response to nathangibbs

The account icon at bottom left on the TV app on my MacBook is a dead link. While still in the TV app, I also can't access my account via the drop down menu. I was being diverted to the Music app for a while but not anymore. Accessing my account via the Music app only shows me hidden music - no option to access movies. Right now, there is no way to access hidden movies. The only hope is the next update catches this. I do think we are in for a bit of a wait, however.

[Edited by Moderator]

Can't unhide/restore a movie through TV app on desktop Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.