Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

airtel esim not showing network but i able to do calls and use internet

Today i have converted airtel physical sim to esim. My physical sim is deactivated but esim is not showing network. I can make and receive calls, use internet. Iphone 13 is showing no sim. I was at 17.3 public bet version that I upgraded to 17.4 public bet but issue is still there. Can we raise defect for it?

Posted on Feb 19, 2024 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 9:39 AM

Please provide solution for this problem: "airtel Esim not showing network but i able to do calls and use internet

"unable to send SMS also

16 replies

May 6, 2024 11:16 AM in response to kedar512

I’ve had the same issue. In my case, something went wrong (I guess) while I was trying to convert a physical Airtel sim to an eSIM (following the steps on the Airtel app). Before this, there were cellular network bars showing. Post the eSIM activation, the cellular bars kept fluctuating for more than 24 hours and I don’t seem to have any network. The physical sim slot says SOS where the network bars usually show up in the top right of the iPhone screen.

@kedar512:

Since I don’t have network, I’m unable to send any messages. How were you able to request for the new Airtel eSIM?

May 9, 2024 8:20 AM in response to kedarnd

I was able to somewhat resolve my issue (for all practical purposes). But in my case, I was anyway moving to a new iPhone.

So I transferred and set up everything on the new iPhone except for Cellular. Then I headed over to the Airtel app and clicked on “upgrade to eSim”. As soon as I did this, there was a pop up within the app which prompted me to “transfer eSIM” to the new device. I tapped on that and followed the steps - these were similar to the steps earlier to activate an eSim but this time around I used the EID of the new iPhone and carefully waited for each step to complete. At the end of all the steps, I was able to get cellular network on the new iPhone (could see the bars show up in the top right). However, per usual, SMS and USSD services were barred for the following 24 hours. These services resumed as usual post that and I’ve been getting connectivity on the new iPhone as you normally would - note that I don’t have any roaming data plans activated.

The old iPhone however, still had the same problem (mentioned above) and didn’t have connectivity. I just erased the old phone (chose the delete eSim option). Everything continues to work fine on the new iPhone!

airtel esim not showing network but i able to do calls and use internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.