Secondary tool in LPX 10.8.1 keeps randomly selecting pointer tool

Heya,

So I've been using LPX in the studio professionally every day for the last 10+ years. Something that has happened since 10.8.1 (I believe) is that the secondary tool keeps defaulting back to cursor tool.

I have LPX configured so that RMB opens tool menu in the editing options. I always have pointer tool on LMB and scissors tool as a secondary so that I can CMD + LMB to cut regions quickly.

This has worked as expected for many iterations of LPX up until now. Has anyone got any insight into this?

I've already completely wiped my Mac Mini M2 Pro with a clean install of Sonoma 14.3.1 in the hopes that I could fix this but alas it still continues...

Thank you in advance

Mac mini (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Feb 20, 2024 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2024 10:34 AM

Ya know what, it IS random, cuz now I'm noticing it happening with other random commands too.

Also, I submitted it to the Developer Feedback forums on Apple's site so we'll see if it gains any traction there.

Similar questions

16 replies

Mar 14, 2024 1:50 PM in response to hughythomas

Reporting back with a little detail I noticed today:

- For me, this issue happens when I use the command: CMD+A to "Select All". It's a command I use very often because immediately following that, I use the command "Name Regions/Cells By Track Name" (my obsession with making sure all the Region names match the associated tracks). So, today in troubleshooting this, I realized that the Secondary Tool is getting reset to "Pointer" when I do "Select All", but it's only sometimes. If I press it enough, eventually the tool breaks again. So, I'm wondering if this tool keeps getting set from that command.

Feb 26, 2024 4:58 AM in response to morozco

Sorry, I should have mentioned its a Corsair K60 RGB Pro keyboard with a Razer Deathadder Essential mouse.

Like I say, its never been a problem until I did the update to LPX 10.8.1. I was really hoping others experienced this who might be able to shed some light on the problem but I will try different keyboards/mice and without a USB hub etc to see if this makes any difference.

Secondary tool in LPX 10.8.1 keeps randomly selecting pointer tool

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.