Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Notifications aren't working on my iPhone 15 Pro Max

All of a sudden, I’m not getting notified that texts are coming in and it’s not showing the number of texts. When I go into my text, I see that I have text but I’m not being notified. Also, when people call me, my ringer isn’t working either. And both my ringer and the notifications are all on and the sound is turned up. I recently had an update, but,I’m not sure if that’s what the problem is. Has anybody else had this issue or do you know how to fix this problem? Thanks for your time I appreciate it.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Feb 29, 2024 8:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2024 12:25 AM

It could be caused by an update. You'll just have to wait until next update to see if the problem is solved.

2 replies

Feb 29, 2024 8:35 PM in response to ECspencer

1. Check to see that Do Not Disturb is set to OFFSWIPE DOWN from the TOP RIGHT CORNER of your screen. This will reveal the CONTROL CENTER. Find the FOCUS button (should be highlighted in white if Do Not Disturb is ON) and Tap on it. This should turn OFF Do Not Disturb.
  2. If all of the above is OK on your iPhone then Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:
  • Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Notifications aren't working on my iPhone 15 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.