Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Compressor Error - RequestCVPixelBufferForFrame

I use Compressor to export video all the time, primarily to YouTube & Facebook format.

Podcast video episode - 27 minutes long, not even close to the longest one. Tried multiple times. It barely gets going and dies.

iMac Pro HD has 45 GB free. Running Monterey 12.7.1, 32GB RAM

Error image posted:

Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

Thank you,

Jason

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac Pro (2017)

Posted on Mar 5, 2024 9:46 PM

Similar questions

18 replies

Mar 28, 2024 4:18 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi, Tom!

This error - ReuestCVPixelBufferForFrame returned... - is not, necessarily, caused by a full hard disk. I am getting this error every time I try to compress HTTP Live Stream files using H.264 (but not HEVC). My main drive has 1.5 TB free, my external drive has 4.4 TB free.

The actual file - which is ProRes 4444 - is 350 MB - so, plenty of room. What I've tried:

• Reinstalling Compressor
  • Deleting all Compressor preferences
  • Booting my Mac Studio into Recovery mode and repairing all volumes and containers.
  • Compressing using the HEVC Live Stream setting - this works
  • Compressing by resetting the HEVC Live Stream setting to H.264 - this worked last week, but not this week.

This is a relatively new problem - prior to February, this compression setting - which is Apple supplied - was bullet-proof.

I'm open to ideas.

Thanks!

Larry J.

Mar 6, 2024 9:04 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Luis - I edited a 30-sec open separately, exported it from FC and then imported it as a completed file. I added this open to the beginning of the video podcast in the timeline. Then I exported to Compressor as YouTube/Facebook as I normally do. It dies before it even gets two minutes rendered so it has to be this file. But that is confusing because it isn't anything special - just three photos over VO.

Tom suggested re-editing it, which I will do now.

Mar 6, 2024 9:34 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom - My iMac Pro HD jad 45 GB open at the start of this project. I am attempting to render this for the 5th time today, trying it in sections.

But - my HD says 1.5 GB!!!!

We have talked about this issue before; ALL of my media is stored on external drives. What in the name of Saturn's rings could be doing this? That seems like the culprit as to why it won't render. But all the files are somewhere other than the iMac Pro HD and I am exporting to an external drive as well!

Mar 6, 2024 9:39 AM in response to Jason Fredregill

Please post an EtreCheck report https://etrecheck.com giving the application Full Disk Access in Privacy & Security System Settings. Copy the report and use the Add Text button to paste the result into reply box. 

It sounds as if your system is too full to function properly. You have have 15 or 20% free space for the computer to be useable.

Mar 6, 2024 9:51 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Can either of you explain how my hard drive went from 45 to 1.5 when all of the files are stored away from that drive? What is it that is filling up the hard drive simply because I am running compressor?

also, I subdivided the full project by cutting off the first three or four minutes of it and I am now rendering that whole back 4/5 of it in compressor and it appears to be working so that tells me there’s something wrong with the first part of it I just can’t figure out what because all of the files are clean they’re no glitches there is nothing that indicates they’re a bad files there and I don’t know how to figure that out .

Mar 28, 2024 4:51 PM in response to TrainerLarry

Additional information

I just ran Etrecheck and it found no major or minor problems, aside from three unsigned applications and three unread notifications.

Because I CAN encode H.264, but NOT encode H.264 when using HTTP Live Streaming, my guess is that something in this encoding preset got damaged in a recent upgrade. But I am unclear how to reset the Apple-native encoding presets.

Larry

Apr 10, 2024 6:54 PM in response to terryb

Terry B:

Yay! I got the files and they work!! Clearly, my old settings were corrupt and reinstalling the program did not reinstall the settings.

(Also, just because I want to tell somebody, while Compressor was compressing these files using an M2 Max Mac Studio and SSD external drive, Compressor was reading data at 2.6 GB/second! Compressor has always been fast, but never THIS fast!

Thanks!

Larry

Compressor Error - RequestCVPixelBufferForFrame

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.