Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How do I convert text to a Table in Pages?

I made a table using the tab button on my keyboard rather than creating a chart with cells. How can i convert it to a table? It looks like this:

Brown น้ำตาล Namtaan

Navy น้ำเงินเข้ม Namngoenkhem

Grey เทา Thao

Teal น้ำเงินคราม Namngoenkhram

White ขาว Khao

Violet ม่วงอ่อน Muangon

Olive เขียวมะกอก Khiaomakok

Cyan ฟ้า Fah

Blue น้ำเงิน Namngoen

Lime เขียวมะนาว Khiaomanao

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

HomePod mini, 17

Posted on Mar 12, 2024 8:12 PM

10 replies

Mar 13, 2024 7:08 AM in response to Ms_newb

Select your entire tab delineated content in your Pages document, not from the above post in your browser — and copy to the clipboard.

Insert a new table object into your Pages document. Single-click only on the first cell, and then simply paste. Pages will automatically fill each row and column cell of the table with your matching row and column content from the clipboard.

Apr 30, 2024 8:49 AM in response to markhayden34410

Yes, the paste attempts to normalize to the longest column.

If I start with:

the paste into a Pages table will make these adjustments:

and although the paste still works, it is not the expected outcome. Deleting or hiding the empty column is a crude fix. Otherwise, there is no Pages fix for this uneven tabular data problem. With unequal columns, both LibreOffice Writer 24.2.2 and Word v16.84 Text to Table fail to separate into discrete columns and both create single-column results.

How do I convert text to a Table in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.