MMS is missing after firmware update to 17.4.1

My MMs option in my phone is missing and when I try to send pictures it gives me error that my MMS needs to be enabled. Don’t see it anywhere. This happened after my firmware update to 17.4.1 IOS

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 10, 2024 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 1:17 PM

Axel Foley, there is no MMS option. I’ve got the same problem very annoying, Apple fix this!!!

9 replies

Apr 29, 2024 1:22 PM in response to EME242

EME242 wrote:

I just spent an hour on the phone with T-Mobile and Apple. First - Apple didn't even know that an iPhone 11 could accept an eSIM...? T-Mobile had us remove the SIM card and gave us an eSIM. This DID NOT fix the MMS issue. It is still not there, and the phone number just shows as loading. The phone cannot call out. Cannot text out. My daughter is left without a phone. She can text over wifi but only on here Apple ID not on the phone number and no MMS. Everything worked before bed yesterday, the update to 17.4.1 happened, and now the iPhone 11 is essentially bricked. Where is the solution Apple? All they said was, we didn't know the 11 could accept an eSIM, and then said you'll have to wait 24 hours to see what happens then? WOW...a wealth of knowledge directly from Apple.

Apple is NOT responsible for MMS or SMS. That is 100% on the carrier side. It's odd you had a conversation with someone from Apple who seems unaware iPhone 11 is eSim capable, but that has literally nothing to do with SMS/MMS messaging. We often hear people want to blame Apple for this, when the carrier likely hasn't provisioned your account appropriately. Push your carrier for a solution. This is NOT an Apple issue at all.

Apr 27, 2024 3:07 PM in response to Axel Foley

I just spent an hour on the phone with T-Mobile and Apple. First - Apple didn't even know that an iPhone 11 could accept an eSIM...? T-Mobile had us remove the SIM card and gave us an eSIM. This DID NOT fix the MMS issue. It is still not there, and the phone number just shows as loading. The phone cannot call out. Cannot text out. My daughter is left without a phone. She can text over wifi but only on here Apple ID not on the phone number and no MMS. Everything worked before bed yesterday, the update to 17.4.1 happened, and now the iPhone 11 is essentially bricked. Where is the solution Apple? All they said was, we didn't know the 11 could accept an eSIM, and then said you'll have to wait 24 hours to see what happens then? WOW...a wealth of knowledge directly from Apple.

May 4, 2024 2:04 AM in response to Pogiko

In case anyone is wondering or still chasing this. I spent since the update until now talking with Apple and multiple phone carriers that I had switched between to fix the problem.

I’m not sure if anyone noticed or anyone else has this but I also can not use my hotspot and do not have this option anymore.

The end result is that it is an APN issue and because of the way Apple works, unlike android, you can’t just jump into your settings and fix this.

I ended up speaking to some higher up in Apple support, who was incredible by the way, and they are aware of the issue and as of now, the only fix is to backup to the cloud and factory reset your phone.

Because I can’t do this she assured me that if I waited for the next update there would be something in that, that would fix this issue.

MMS is missing after firmware update to 17.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.