Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Final Cut Pro Tracking

I am trying to use the tracker to follow a subject in a video. I am reframing 16x9 a video to vertical YT shorts, and need to track the subject to keep him in the middle of the frame while he moves around. I know how to do the "locked on tracking" effect, but I cannot find a way to disable Y-axis tracking/keyframes. I only need the tracker to move on the x-axis so it doesn't move up or down every time the person looks up or down. I only need the transform to follow left to right. Is this possible? I only see one global parameter for the position, not x/y axis individually...

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 11:37 AM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2024 12:00 AM in response to ZSAM13

I set the tracked clip y-axis to -1%, so on the visible clip you have to set the y to -10,000% to correct the scale.

I don't know exactly what settings you are actually using. Could you please share screenshots and sample videos? *Please take a photo with shift+⌘3

- Screenshot -

1. Project selection →Inspector:Change:Project properties

2. Select the mirrored clip on the timeline (original clip to be tracked) →Video inspector *control+⌘4

3. Clip selection (clip for export) with tracking data applied →Video inspector *control+⌘4

- Sample video -

4. Upload the original 16:9 file Post the link you obtained (Shared with everyone via email notification)

[Edited by Moderator]

Final Cut Pro Tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.