Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iOS 17.4.1 has ruined my air pod pro and Apple Watch😭

Why will my air pod pro and apple watch se 2nd generation not work after my device updated to ios 17.4.1??? I have forgotten devices. Reset network connections. Force restarted my phone. Turned Bluetooth on and off. Removed from “find my”. Nothing will help. My air pod pros will NOT play sound. They will connect but NO sound no matter what I do. My Apple Watch will not send or receive any notifications. Watch isn’t alerting me of text, calls, FaceTimes, snaps, NOTHING. WORST update Apple has released yet😭😭😭😭

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 20, 2024 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2024 11:16 AM

FWIW. In my case, the only difference is that I have a 3rd gen iPhone SE, but have the same AirPods Pro and 2nd gen Apple Watch SE. My iPhone is running 17.4.1 and I'm not having any issues with either of these devices. I'm not saying that you are not, just that not everyone is.

6 replies

Apr 20, 2024 5:06 PM in response to cierralashayyy

I'm sorry that you believe my replies seem aggressive. I was not trying to elicit either drama nor show pity for your circumstance. I did state that "I'm not saying that you are not ..." in my reply to your post which, I had hoped, shown that I do understand your negative experience with the update.

Regardless, we are not Apple employees here. We are just fellow Apple-product users trying to help others where we can. If you feel otherwise, you can certainly contact Apple Support directly with this issue for further assistance.

May 2, 2024 11:37 AM in response to cierralashayyy

Hi, everyone! I found a solution to this from another forum online! Here's what I did and it WORKED! I selected the Forget This Device in settings for the airpods. Then confirmed it was gone on icloud, if not, remove the device from there as well. Once that's done, take the earbuds out of the case, then put them back in and close the lid for about 15 seconds. THEN - open the case and press the reset button on the back of the case. The light should be Amber initially, and once it's reset, it will turn white. Then when your phone pops up the image to connect, connect the airpods. You should then see both the left and the right. Good luck!

iOS 17.4.1 has ruined my air pod pro and Apple Watch😭

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.