Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Quicktime corrupted

When I try to use Quicktime something awful happens. Multiple apps, like Adobe Bridge, open up and I can usually also see a QT window. But cursor is gone. Multiple windows continue to flash open and maybe close. One was a solid bright magenta. I then went through the following process several times. Forced shutdown, restarted, same windows come back up again. A couple times with the same result: multiple windows, no cursor. Once I was able to quickly get the cursor to move so I did a force quit on QT which allowed me to take control again.

Today before this started I was watching a video on a legit website. I had trouble getting it to run, but finally could but then I could not close it and noticed another QT window showing an mp4 file a friend sent me by email. The aberrant behavior began at that point.

Once I got control again as mentioned above, I deleted that email containing the suspect mp4 file attachment everywhere I could including deleted files. Tried running another small mp4 file in QT and the aberrant behavior started all over.

So I am stuck. Cannot use Quicktime. Also, dont know where copies of the mp4 file might reside as I certainly want to delete them.

MacBook Pro, Apple M1 Pro, 14.4.1

Talked to phone support she said all she could do was send me a link to self-help with a case number which she did. There must be better support than that???

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 8:17 PM

3 replies

Quicktime corrupted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.