Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

I am getting ’non genuine Apple parts’ message on my iPhone 12 Pro Max

I sent my phone into Apple the end of last year to get it fixed. I thought my screen was broken but it turned out to be water damaged. I received my phone back after Apple said they could not fix it because I put down the wrong reason (broken screen but really it was water damaged) and sent it back. I took my phone to get the screen fixed and the guy who fixed it asked if I had ever gotten it worked on and I said no. No one besides Apple but they said they couldn’t fix it. That’s when he opened it up and informed me it wasn’t a broken screen it was water damaged. He fixed the screen for me. I literally watched him the whole time in the shop, me and my bf. Never walked away. And he never touched my battery. So when the screen was finally fixed my phone came back on. (Something it had not done in awhile) And right after I start getting all these pop ups about unknown parts in my phone and he asked me was it a new phone. I said no why and he asked because it had been factory reset. Which also confused me because only Apple had my phone. Now the phone is randomly restarting after like 10 min tops which I’m guessing is from the non genuine battery. Why would they change my battery for a non genuine Apple battery and wipe my device? I had Apple care+ bundled in with my phone bill but it took Apple so long to send my phone back I got a new phone and canceled the line connected to my 12 and now I don’t have coverage. So I’m wondering if they couldn’t fix my phone why did they change my battery and is it normal for them to use non genuine Apple parts?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 3:57 AM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2024 4:02 AM in response to jjada72

This is a community forum where Apple users come together to share tips on Apple devices and troubleshoot issues within the boundaries of the Apple ecosystem**.

Here, you can:

• Dive into meaningful discussions: Get insights, share your experiences, and learn from fellow Apple enthusiasts about Apple products
  • Unlock the potential of your devices: Discover hidden features, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your iPhone, Mac, or any other Apple product.
  • Tap into a wealth of knowledge: Our community is full of Apple experts who are happy to share their wisdom and help you navigate the Apple ecosystem**.

Apple moderates the forum to ensure a friendly and productive environment, but the real magic happens through user-to-user interaction. So, feel free to explore existing discussions, ask questions, and contribute your own expertise on Apple Products.

** The Apple ecosystem refers to the interconnected world of Apple devices and services. This includes all their hardware, from iPhones and iPads to Macs and Apple Watches, iCloud along with their software and online platforms. You may refer to the list below.

Please note that this is a public forum, so when attaching a screenshot, please avoid including any personal credentials such as IP addresses, card details, email IDs, Apple IDs, IMEI numbers, serial numbers, phone numbers, order IDs, invoices, or any identifiable location information if you are sharing a map.

Hence, some of the following links which are relevant to your query may help you:

1. Hardware repairs & tickets - Apple Authorized Service Provider
  2. Service grievances & questions --> Apple Repair and Repair Status Check - Official Apple Support
  3. Warranty & Apple Care+ issues --> Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support
  4. Suggestions and Feedback for improvements --> Apple Inc says; "We read all feedback carefully, but we are unable to respond to each submission individually."
    1. Here is how for iPhone · Country or region* Select your country or region. · Feedback Type* Select feedback type. · Comments* Enter a comment.
    2. Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  5. Repair costs or product or prices of part service & replacement -
    1. iPhone Repair and Service - Apple Support (IN)
    2. iPhone Screen Repair & Replacement
    3. iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement
  6. Any other issue --> Contact – Official Apple Support (IN) & Contact Apple for support and service

Apr 27, 2024 12:57 PM in response to jjada72

Apple would not install a non-genuine part in your phone......period.

There are different reasons why you might be seeing a non-genuine part notice on the phone, and one of them would be that the battery is having problems with the water damaged phone. In other words, the battery might be good and genuine, but there are other issues in the power supply electronics that would cause the battery to display the message about the battery.....even though the battery might be original and fine.

Bottom line......the phone needs to be replaced due to water damage.

I am getting ’non genuine Apple parts’ message on my iPhone 12 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.