Newsroom Update

Apple News+ introduces Quartiles, a new original spelling game, and Offline Mode for subscribers. Learn more >

Apple Mail keeps losing my email address

Apple Mail>Settings>Accounts keeps losing my email address. Earlier today, this was the panel:

A little while later, trying to write an email, my Apple email did not appear in the From field, and looking again at Settings:

I could re-insert the addresses by re-adding my base email (@mac.com), and eventually all the other aliases appeared as well. This happens, apparently at random, on all three of my computers. Is there another setting somewhere else that is responsible?

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 7:20 AM

9 replies

May 4, 2024 4:47 PM in response to Neville Goodman1

This keeps happening to me too. It started a week or so ago. It often happens a couple of times a day and I have to re-insert my email into the Email Address field of the Account Information panel. The way I know it has done it is I open up an email to draft and it shows Hide My Email in the From field, and my signature is missing (clearly because I have no email account selected). I have to physically type the email address back into the Email Address field, as none of my emails are present in the drop down.

Hope there is a fix to this. It's very annoying.

Thank you.

May 5, 2024 2:10 PM in response to Neville Goodman1

Same here. Been going on for a couple of weeks by now.

Apple keeps loosing reliability in software. Wish they'd put in efforts where really required.

I found that quitting or force-quitting the app and waiting a few minutes before relaunching it, brings the settings back. So, it's not erased from anything. It's the software failing to read the preferences settings properly.

Apple Mail keeps losing my email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.