Built an effect inside motion and when shared

I built an effect in Apple motion for a friend. When he try’s to use it in Final Cut he gets the red screen.

we have the same exact file path. (Case sensitive)

same version of Final Cut.

the only thing different is he dosnt have Apple motion.

what is causing this issue?

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 5:14 AM

9 replies

Apr 28, 2024 10:24 AM in response to Danny7676

There should be something more besides the yellow warning sign...

It may be helpful to learn which of these it was - either the "missing effect", or something else:

Alert icons in Final Cut Pro for Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Also, in case you are willing to, you could share the effect so we can test. You could send it to yourself using wetransfer and post the link here. The link may be removed, but we still get it in the e-mail notification.

Apr 28, 2024 10:46 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I also tried switch the project to a generator and that didn’t work either.

the project is a lens flare on a path around a border (made as a title)

then I did a divider for split screen shot that had letters and some glitch effects and a light moving up and down in the background to make the letters glow (made that as a generator)

I did it all so he can easily remove and add the divider

Apr 28, 2024 9:39 AM in response to Danny7676

Is your friend running an older version of Final Cut Pro than you have?

Final Cut and Motion have been running "parallel development" and any template made in a newer version of Motion than its comparable version of Final Cut will not run in Final Cut.

If this is the case, the Motion template can be "backdated" to be compatible with an older version of Final Cut as long as there are no new "features" being used in the Motion template that the older version of Final Cut might not "understand".

Built an effect inside motion and when shared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.