Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

No playback sound on punch and roll!

I'm using Logic Pro X on an older Mac Pro (a refurbished 2013 trashcan but has always worked fine) to record an audiobook, but cannot get any output sound when using punch and roll. It starts recording exactly where it should and rolls back 3 seconds as I've set it to. But no there's output sound to listen to. I've attached a screenshot with my settings.

Weird thing is it was working, and now it's not. I need to get thing thing going. HELP!

Mac Pro, macOS 12.7

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 11:47 AM

5 replies

Apr 29, 2024 7:21 AM in response to jonrlind

I should add that it's Logic Pro 10.7.4, a Scarlett Solo interface, and the Mac Pro I bought refurbished from Apple in 2015 or 16. It has run flawlessly all this time. OS Sierra.

It MUST be a setting issue but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Online I saw something about the "record fader" but I can't find it. Any suggestions?

Thanks! Jon

No playback sound on punch and roll!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.