Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Facetime audio slider or a means of regulating output with respect to other apps

Would it be possible to add a simple audio control slider to Facetime so the output volume can be regulated independently from the system's sound?

If you have music, games, videos, etc also outputting audio from the same mac, the relative audio intensities between apps can be hard to regulate. One such recent example was pulling up a Youtube video as a friend on a call answered the door: despite having Youtube's volume slider maxed out, I had to turn the system's volume up to hear anything in the video; when my friend came back, the sound of their door drowned out any music in the video and hurt my ears.

System: 2021 MacBook Pro running Sonoma 14.4.1 and updated FaceTime, and I don't think I've ever seen a slider on my iPhone's FaceTime. This issue is true for all connected audio devices, including internal and wireless speakers. There just needs to be an audio gain slider in FaceTime.

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 10:11 PM

There are no replies.

Facetime audio slider or a means of regulating output with respect to other apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.