Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I'm unable to print clear photos off of my MacBook Pro using my Epson printer

I’m having issues with my m3 MacBook and printing photos. It seems like it’s a simple operation but proving not to be. I’m trying to print from a folder, so using the file menu to get a print option. Sometimes I get the top left of the image but zoomed in to fill the 10x15 photo, but now I’m getting a very distorted rainbow effect, sometimes looking like it’s layered from top to bottom.

and sometimes it works.

I’ve tried using the photos app, same results. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the printer drivers ( Epson )and checked all the print parameters.

I’m very confused.

any helpful ideas?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (M3 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 11:57 AM

7 replies

Apr 30, 2024 12:24 PM in response to Donzagabonza

I'm not clear on exactly what you're doing. Printing directly from Finder, if that's what your doing, is a bit flaky, because you have to trust it to do what you want, and you don't get choices.

If I wanted to print an image file, a jpeg, for instance, from a folder in the Finder, I might double click on the file and, probably, it would open up in the Preview app. (Preview is the default, but it might have been changed, so you could drag the file to the Preview app.) In Preview, I would choose File>Print, and I'd see this:

I might change the scale or choose "Scale to Fit" to fill the page.

How is what you're doing different? What happens, exactly, if you do what I did?

I'm unable to print clear photos off of my MacBook Pro using my Epson printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.