Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How to control the Ken Burns zoom in Photos?

The Photos.app slideshows are good, but the Ken Burns effect needs a manual control to target the sweet spots of the photos, especially for a funeral slideshow where a person needs to be highlighted in each photo. is this possible? I cannot find any way to control the Ken Burns zoom.

Any tips?

thanks,

Geoff

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 8:03 PM

Not to worry, I've worked in out. FYI -- In Export / Create Slideshow 'Preview' mode, with the Ken Burns theme selected, each image has the controls on the lower left.

12 replies

May 2, 2024 11:39 PM in response to Old Toad

It makes sense, that is only available for the Ken Burns theme. This are exactly the same controls for the Ken Burns effect as in iMovie.

I cannot find any Settings to preserve the Ken Burns effect Settings when changing the theme. I would create a duplicate Slideshow to test different themes, and only invest work in editing the timing, effects, title slides once I have decided which theme to use.

How to control the Ken Burns zoom in Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.