Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Logic Pro Not Linking to External Plugins

Hi..., I downloaded Native Instruments on an external HD. I then downloaded the Logic Pro app on the main HD and, except for Essentials, down-loaded its sound libraries on an external HD. The plugin manager only sees Logic Pro's plugins and not Native Instruments. Within the Relocate Sound Library there is a link to the external HD. How do I get Logic to see the external third-party plugins? My OS is Sonoma on a Mac Studio 2023. Thanks.

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 9:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2024 9:58 AM

I seem to remember that you need to open the stand alone app of Kontakt, Komplete Kontrol, etc before using them as plugins in Logic. I believe the apps install the plugins in the right Location for Logic to find.

6 replies

May 1, 2024 2:45 AM in response to keebin

Please do not confuse plugins with libraries and downloading with installing.

In order to see the plugins in Logic, you have to install the plugins on your computer, just downloading is not enough. For native instrument plugins, you can do this in Native Access. For Native Instruments plugins, you can do this in Native Access. After successful installation, you should see the Native Instruments plugins in the Plugin Manager, even if no library is installed. If not, restart your computer.

The library is separate from the plugins. Native Instruments libraries can also be installed with Native Access. If you have already installed the libraries on an external hard disk, you must link the libraries by pressing the Repair button in Native Access.

May 1, 2024 6:14 PM in response to yoyoBen

Thanks yoyoBen for your quick response. When I said downloading I mean't installed via native Access. The data is installed on an external HD of which Logic Pro is linked to for its own data but not linked to Native Instruments data. The Internet's wisdom seems to be confused in that some state it is okay for Logic to access data via an external HD and others say it is not.

Logic Pro Not Linking to External Plugins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.