Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Posting on Facebook from Mac using Safari

To be perfectly clear, if I go to add a post in this field I cannot. The field will not respond to anything. Strangely i can comment on someone else's page, or reply to a comment. Only when I try to originate a post. It has not worked for weeks. If I dwitch to Chrome (or any other browser) there is absolutely no problem. This is a Safari only issue. Does anyone have any suggestions.

PS. I am running Sonoma 14.4.1 and Safari 17.4.1

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on May 1, 2024 2:07 PM

3 replies

May 2, 2024 8:18 AM in response to HJS880

HJS880 wrote:

Thanks, but the problem is Safari NOT Facebook. No problem using Facebook on Chrome, or any other browser. Works perfectly. The problem as described in my post is only on Safari and is a recent issue.

Contact Facebook.

Their code for their website is not working, which is either an issue in their code, some Facebook user tracking or other background activities that are no longer working, or it’s an issue in Safari WebKit that they can reproduce and can then discuss with Apple.

In any of those cases, Facebook is far better positioned to isolate this than is anybody else, and Facebook is still the only bunch that has access to the source code they’re using to generate their website.

In short, contact Facebook.

PS: The same website can and variously does use different code for rendering on different web browsers and variously for different versions of the same web browser, too.

Posting on Facebook from Mac using Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.