Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

How to record vocoder audio live.

I think I found a solution to an old thread asking how to use a vocoder, and record the audio while you're using keyboard for a midi controller, instead of just recording the midi. I was looking for how to record the vocoder sound while i was singing into it too.

Look at the old thread for how to set everything up, because it explains basically everything, and that's where I got my idea from.

vocoder in logic pro x - Apple Community

My solution:

Since 2017 Logic has probably changed to make this possible:

If you just have your audio track, and your vocoder track, you set the vocoder side chain input (mine says analysis input) as audio 1 or whatever your audio track is named. I renamed mine so I could be sure I picked the right one. In the inspector, set your audio track's input as input 1 or whatever your mic is coming through.

Then you just record enable your vocoder track and your audio track (press the letter R in a box so they're both red, or flashing red), and mute your audio track. This way (only once you start recording) you will hear the vocoder sound come through but not the regular audio from your voice. When not recording you won't hear anything.

I hope this helped because I come back to these forums constantly. Please pitch in if there's a better way or if I said something weird.

Earlier Mac models

Posted on May 1, 2024 4:20 PM

There are no replies.

How to record vocoder audio live.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.