Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How to track a stolen iPhone 13 Pro Max using Find My?

Unfortunately my phone was stolen and I saw the person who stole phone however they quickly turned phone off and drove away.

I managed to lock iPhone using Findme. Is there any possibility I could track my phone.

This is an iPhone 13Pro Max running the latest iOS. I have 2factor authentication enable. It was locked when stolen off me.

anyway I could track phone.

can this phone still be used by someone else or factory reset when locked and lost mode enabled on phone.

I need all the help I can to try to retrieve phone.

thank you

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on May 1, 2024 4:33 PM

5 replies

May 2, 2024 7:52 AM in response to akuokoant

Is there any possibility I could track my phone.

No, if one of the following things are true:

• The battery has run down
  • The phone has been powered off or placed in a special type of bag that will not allow the phone to send or receive a signal
  • The phone does not have an Internet connection

All that you can do is check a few times each day to see if the status of the phone has changed.

can this phone still be used by someone else or factory reset when locked and lost mode enabled on phone

No

Realistically, there is about a zero chance that you will ever see the phone again. Please plan accordingly.

May 2, 2024 7:43 AM in response to akuokoant

akuokoant wrote:

I managed to lock iPhone using Findme. Is there any possibility I could track my phone.

This is an iPhone 13Pro Max running the latest iOS. I have 2factor authentication enable. It was locked when stolen off me.

anyway I could track phone.

You can't track the phone until it has been turned back on and is in range of a network.

can this phone still be used by someone else or factory reset when locked and lost mode enabled on phone.

No.

It is unlikely that you will get the phone back.

See Apple's information here:

If your iPhone or iPad is lost or stolen - Apple Support

How to track a stolen iPhone 13 Pro Max using Find My?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.