Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Pages will not export, duplicate, or save files after Mac 14.4.1 update

Ever since the 14.4.1 update, pages literally will not function for me. It will not allow me to export, duplicate, or save documents. When I try to export anything, I get the following error:

It also will not let me duplicate an existing file, I get the following error:

I get the same error when I try and save a totally new file that I've just created. So I'm currently not able to export, duplicate, or save files. 🫠 I have checked that pages has full disk access (it does) and I have checked the file permissions using 'get info' for the files in question, and I have access. But it's happening with every single file. Is anyone having the same issue? No idea how to approach this.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 1, 2024 6:28 PM

2 replies

May 13, 2024 10:24 AM in response to haleyturnbull1

There are non-Apple filesystems that autosave will not function and will issue a dialog to that effect. I have macOS 14.4.1 and Pages v14 and have no such issues when saving to local storage, iCloud Drive, a FAT32/exFAT thumb drive, or rarely, a shared (AFS) volume from my Synology NAS. I could use Microsoft's OneDrive but never do, and also do not attempt to save to other cloud services (e.g. Google Drive, DropBox, etc.).

Where are you specifically attempting to save your Pages document?

There should be no need to use the File menu > Duplicate as with each Pages session with a document, it saves a version of the document instead of one making a filename copy.pages.

Pages will not export, duplicate, or save files after Mac 14.4.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.