Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How can I get 3D objects to show in the camera in the correct depth order when filters are applied?

I have:

• 1: camera
  • 2: 3D objects in the same group(Spheres)
    • 1 colorizer filter on each one

When the filters are off, they display in the 3D space correctly, but the second the filters are on they ONLY appear in layer-order. How can I fix this?

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 1, 2024 9:08 PM

1 reply

May 1, 2024 10:27 PM in response to mattypanda

The documentation clearly states that filters will **rasterize** 3D "entities" (happens with 3D Text too.)

However, if all you want to do is colorize the objects, here's a cheat:

Replicate both shapes. Set the Shape to Line and zero out the Start and End Points. Set Points to 1. Colorize using the Color Mode > Colorize and set the color within the replicator.

I set each 3D object in its own group, replicated inside the groups and animated the Group parameters (just to keep organization "tidy".)

HTH

How can I get 3D objects to show in the camera in the correct depth order when filters are applied?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.