Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple News+ introduces Quartiles, a new original spelling game, and Offline Mode for subscribers. Learn more >

My Apple news widget disappeared after updating my phone to iOS 17.4.1

I noticed that my Apple News was gone, I have IOS 17.4.1 Has anybody encountered the same problem outside the US?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13

Posted on May 2, 2024 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2024 10:45 AM

I am from India. I am also running iOS 17.4.1 and today suddenly the news widget app disappeared. I tried restarting my iPhone, but it didn’t help. Anybody with a solution?

72 replies

May 3, 2024 9:36 AM in response to Dr-Gonzo

📣 Update:

Someone on Reddit posted about this.

He contacted Apple directly and talked to a senior manager.

The apple guy told him that probably support ended for the Apple News widget in the vast majority of countries where AN is not available as an app.

He also said that there will be news about this on May the 8th. Considering that the Apple event will take place on May the 7th, maybe, just maybe they’ll announce a widespread rollout of Apple News.

But this is just pure speculation.

Anyway, fingers crossed 🤞🏼

May 3, 2024 6:51 AM in response to SravanKrA

We‘re not talking about the news app, that has never been released outside the countries you mentioned.

We are talking about the news widget, that has been working flawlessly since the introduction of widgets in iOS 14.

I have been using the news widget here in Germany on all of my devices daily as a source for a quick news overview. And as I said, it had been working like charm, updating from local news sources UNTIL May 2nd when the widget completely disappeared from all of my devices and can not be found in the widget selection. ☹️

My Apple news widget disappeared after updating my phone to iOS 17.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.