Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Iphone often stops charging at 80%

So my iphone 15 pm often stops charging at 80% even though I have this options turned off in settings, how can this be? Then I have to unplug it and re-plugin to make it charge to 100%.

Anyone know if there is a fix for this bug?

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on May 2, 2024 9:10 AM

1 reply

May 2, 2024 1:05 PM in response to Salvida

This is unusual. This can be caused by a feature called Optimized Charging.

"Optimized Battery Charging is designed to reduce the wear on your battery and improve its lifespan by reducing the time your iPhone spends fully charged. When the feature is enabled, your iPhone will delay charging past 80% in certain situations. Your iPhone uses on-device machine learning to learn your daily charging routine so that Optimized Battery Charging activates only when your iPhone predicts it will be connected to a charger for an extended period of time. The algorithm aims to ensure that your iPhone is still fully charged when unplugged."

You can turn this off by going to Battery > Battery Health & Charging > Optimized Battery Charging and switch it off.

Hope this helps!

Iphone often stops charging at 80%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.