How to get rid of screen burn and retention on my iPhone 15 Plus?

Hello gyz ! Please read this carefully because I dont want any one to get suffered I want let you all know is that dont fell for internet trap for screen burn or other things on reddic or some other website it would eventually damage your device ! I follow all the instructions on internet like low brightness, dark wallpaper, and many more instructions….. since day 1 i strictly follow this things and after 15 days I started getting screen retention on my brand new 15 plus ! At the status bar of battery icon and signal icon I switched to dark mode to normal mode and turn off my device for couple of minutes then i saw that the burn in or the retention gone little bit ! I request everyone dont fell for this things ! As apple itself didn’t mentioned anything related to display! So use it accordingly !! Do not fall in this trap also let me tell you all why this happened ! So when we turn on dark mode the dark ares pixel stop working and as the signal icon and the battery icon always there and if u turn dark mode on these icons become white so the pixel of the area of battery icon and signal get retention and burn in because it’s producing continuous light to them and the entire background is black nd the entire areas pixel is not working! Wheres in light mode it’s exactly opposite the battery and signal icon shows black color! And the pixel are not working so less possibility of retention/burn…. Beware gyz ! also can somebody give me tips how to get rid of screen retention!! It would help me alot ❤️.

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone 15 Plus, iOS 17

Posted on May 2, 2024 9:24 AM

1 reply

May 4, 2024 4:12 AM in response to gourab20

If you have either dropped the device accidentally or exposed it to liquid or used it beyond acceptable temperature limits then…

Take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support:

Find Locations - Location Selector - Apple

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support 

Get a Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Contact Genius Bar.

Manage Reservations - My Reservations - Apple

How to get rid of screen burn and retention on my iPhone 15 Plus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.