Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple watch authenticity before purchase

I have found a apple watch series 9 online and the item is described as sealed which is what is shown in the pictures. I have then gone to the apple check coverage website and entered the serial code on the box. It says the item hasn't been activated . Is this normal for a sealed device that has been purchased and how do i know if it’s a fake or not?

thank you in advance

Posted on May 4, 2024 11:05 AM

2 replies

May 7, 2024 12:11 PM in response to Ak11jnr

+1 NEVER EVER buy from any seller that is not directly from Apple or an authorized reseller. If you are attempting to save money then look on Apple Refurbished store. In the USA that would be www.apple.com navigate to the bottom of the page and click the Refurbished store. These items are identical to new, come with the same warranty as new and are eligible for AppleCare. If you cannot find exactly what you want please check often as inventory changes quickly!

Apple watch authenticity before purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.