Macbook Air M2 Sonoma 14.4.1 cursor keeps going right forever

Hi everyone

My laptop: Macbook Air 15-inch, M2, 2023

System Version: Sonoma 14.4.1

Others: Laptop purchased in Dec 2023, pretty well maintained and only used for work, so not that heavily used. I don't use any external mouse, just the trackpad itself. The only bluetooth device I connect to this device is Airpods pro

Problem: Whenever I connect to a work monitor (HP) with USB-C cable, the cursor would just keep moving to the right forever (as if I constantly press the space key, but physically I didn't touch any key). This problem only occurs when I connect my laptop to my work monitor, it doesn't happen when the laptop is not connected to any external monitor.

This problem happened a few times in the past in previous system versions and I was able to resolve it by just restarting my laptop. But now under the new system version, it doesn't even help when I restart.

It's definitely a software issue from the look of it, intead of anything physically greasy stuck in the space key? Could apple please fix this issue?

Regards

Patrick

MacBook Air 15″

Posted on May 5, 2024 10:16 PM

2 replies

Macbook Air M2 Sonoma 14.4.1 cursor keeps going right forever

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.