Window loosing focus while actively typing

Mac mini with apple keyboard and touch pad will suddenly loose window focus while typing. Fully patched macOS 14.4.1, happens in all applications, i7, 3.2GHz, 32 GB Ram. Started yesterday, reset PRAM with no improvement. Frustrating beyond words. Any suggestions?

I see older topics, people experiencing exactly what I am but no resolution, at least not in the ones I've read.

Mac mini, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 7, 2024 10:15 AM

12 replies

May 10, 2024 3:13 PM in response to den.thed

Thanks for the replies den.thed.

Its happening in everything, including apps that are single session, for instance messages. Going to start preparing to burn and reload the Mini. I've really tried to think of any changes, apps, settings, additions or removals that I've made and I'm not coming up with anything. I do see a fair number of topics in different forums from Reddit and other sites referencing this same issue. Any solutions that others have said resolved it have not for me. When it occurs suddenly the arrow reappears, typically still in the same window that was in focus. Clicking it returns the ability to type.

Going to do a little more research then reload the mac.

Probably wait till early next week. Thanks all and if someone finds a suggestion I'll certainly try it.

B.

Window loosing focus while actively typing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.