How to Download Spotify Music on My Mac with On-going Subscription

I have an under-going premium subscription with Spotify on my iPhone. Recently, I bought a new Mac and I'm looking to make the most out of my Spotify Premium subscription by downloading my favorite playlists directly to my Mac for offline listening. I am relatively new to MacOS and could use some guidance on how to download Spotify music on my Mac.

Could someone walk me through the steps to download music from Spotify on a Mac? Also, are there any specific settings or tips I should know about to enhance the experience or manage storage effectively on MacOS?

Appreciate all the help I can get!

iPhone 15

Posted on May 8, 2024 12:34 AM

8 replies

May 9, 2024 12:22 AM in response to MintyMood

To download Spotify music on Mac with a Premium subscription:

1. Make sure you have a Spotify Premium subscription. If you're not already a Premium subscriber, you can sign up for a Premium account on the Spotify website.
  2. Open the Spotify app on your Mac and log in to your Premium account.
  3. Search for the music you want to download by entering the song, album, or artist in the search bar.
  4. Once you have found the music you want to download, click on the "Download" button next to the song or album. This will start the download process.
  5. To access your downloaded music, go to your "Library" tab and click on the "Downloads" option. Here, you will find all the music you have downloaded for offline listening.
  6. You can now listen to your downloaded music offline anytime, even without an internet connection.

That's it! You have successfully downloaded Spotify music to a Mac with a Premium subscription.

May 8, 2024 1:39 AM in response to MintyMood

Sure thing! First, make sure you've installed Spotify on your Mac. You can grab it directly from the Spotify website. Once installed, log in with your Premium account credentials.

To download music for offline listening, just navigate to the playlist you like and look for the download toggle switch right at the top of the list. Flip that switch, and Spotify will start downloading the tracks to your Mac. Make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi to avoid any data charges if you're using a mobile hotspot.

How to Download Spotify Music on My Mac with On-going Subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.