Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Cellular data not working updating iPhone 12 to IOS 17.4.1

Updated my software to IOS 17.4.1 and right after could no longer make/receive calls/text. FaceTime is good and works with WiFi but will not work with cellular data. Tried to update the carrier but once I hit update, it does nothing. Went to the carriers store and they couldn’t help. Can any help with this?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on May 8, 2024 5:21 AM

2 replies

May 8, 2024 7:59 PM in response to Sheshay88

I had the same problem when updating to iOS 17.3 (iPhone 15) and then I took inspiration from this guide(an Update is Required to Use Cellular Data) - reset the device's network settings. After that, my cellular network was restored.

If it hasn't, then I'm guessing you updated your iOS version with bugs, check your iPhone for a newer iOS version - Apple often releases software updates to fix bugs and improve performance. → If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (CA)

Cellular data not working updating iPhone 12 to IOS 17.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.