Mail not displaying content

I use mail on an iMac Monterey V12.7.4.

I have no anti virus, no VPN

My mail comes in but when I click the inbox the content will not show. It can take up to 10 mins to arrive.

I can go back into mail hours later after I have read all my mail, make a different selection to one displayed and 'no content'

My wife is in the office on a MacBook Air with same configuration as me and she has no problems

I have attached the latest Etre report

Posted on May 8, 2024 4:52 PM

5 replies

May 8, 2024 7:59 PM in response to davidfromlara

Basaically you're low on Resources,exasberated by a fusion Dries inate slowness.

Free RAM: 80 MB

You can use Drive DX to possibly get a better view of Drive health…

https://binaryfruit.com/drivedx

I'd remove surfShark files.

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

May 9, 2024 2:42 PM in response to BDAqua

Didn't last long. Opened up mail this morning, saw two new messages, clicked your reply and it came up instantly. Clicked on the other and no message opened. Went back to yours and same thing no message.

I just created a new user, set up my mail account and everything worked as normal.

I haven't tried the safe mode test, should I do that next?

Mail not displaying content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.