Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How do you block a number from sending me text messages?

How do I block this number from texting me I can’t block it at all.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on May 8, 2024 9:44 PM

1 reply

May 9, 2024 12:09 AM in response to jms_welds

What types of SMSs are not getting blocked? I am sure it is a one-way SMS as shown in the pic below.

Have you spoken to your Carrier? What do they have to say?

Airtel (India) has this feature for their customer...

For Full DND, Text STOP to 2442. To receive all messages, Text ALLOW to 2442. To check DND status, Text STATUS to 2442. To opt out of the service, SMS the word "ALLOW" to the shortcode 2442.

Do Not Disturb - airtel: Prepaid | Postpaid | 4G

AT&T ActiveArmor mobile security

In addition to blocking fraud and spam calls, with AT&T ActiveArmorSM mobile security, you can add numbers to your personal block list. The numbers on your personal block list will remain permanently blocked until you remove them from the list. Get more details about AT&T ActiveArmor mobile security.

Types of SMS services known to me.

One-way SMS: A business may have something to say, so they may send a single text message blast to get the word out. For example; Promotional SMS, Notices, Verification Codes, Bank OTPs, Transaction Confirmation, offers, Coupon, Discounts, Flash SMS, Reminders etc

Two-way SMS: This is what most of us use.

SMS Chatbots: The chatbot will allow an organisation's clients to start or stop a service or interact with FAQs.

How do you block a number from sending me text messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.