I spilled water on my MacBook pro it switch off but then I charged it and it switched back on then now it’s off

So yesterday in my class when i put my bag in my locker my water bottle slipped two tablespoons(im guessing) on my laptop, then i open my laptop and wiped the water off but my laptop was perfectly fine while i was doing this because not much water went on it. Then after 1 hour i took out my laptop and went on it again it was still perfectly fine after 10 minutes it suddenly turned black I asked my teachers about it and we decided to plug it in then it was working again after school i went back home and after 12 hours i open my laptop but my screen is completely black everything is working except for the screen cause it is black and i don’t know what to do(also my fan suddenly hot so loud)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 8, 2024 11:02 PM

1 reply

May 8, 2024 11:20 PM in response to suda96

Water damage will cause corrosion inside and you are facing some sort of internal failure.

Get expert service and support at the Genius Bar.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

I spilled water on my MacBook pro it switch off but then I charged it and it switched back on then now it’s off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.