iPhone navigation silent when connected to car bluetooth--SOLVED!

I paired my old Samsung/Android phone to the PorscheMacan PCM years ago and it worked perfectly.

I've had an iPhone 15 Pro Max for a few months now and I have no audio with navigation or with Siri.

Navigation and Siri both work but, silently. The no audio for navigation is really annoying since I need spoken directions when I'm driving.

I have done many searches including; Apple Forums, RL & Macan Forum, without success.

I have gone through every possible setting I could think of on the iPhone, making sure volume is high. I have gone through every possible setting I could think of on the Porsche Macan PCM.

I have called and spoken at length with Apple support, without solving this issue.

SOLVED!

😀

Solution that worked in my 2016 Macan as well as in my 2019 911 (same silent navigation iPhone issue)

Must change a setting on iPhone (for different versions of iOS, file path may be different)

Settings/Bluetooth/My Devices

You will see a list of all BT devices that have been paired with your iPhone

Tap the “i” icon, in the blue circle, to the right of the name of the specific device.

Tap “Device Type”

Choices are:

Car Stereo

Headphones

Hearing Aid

Speaker

Other

IDK what the default setting was but, several months ago I was looking to increase the volume of my phone when connected via Macan PCM BT, since it was very quiet.

I found a YT video titled:

“How To Increase iPhone Bluetooth Volume! Fix Volume Too Low! 3 Simple Steps! Tips & Tricks”

It had 3 tips & last one said to select “speaker” from the above list.

This did nothing to increase my phone volume & did not fix my Silent Nav issue so, I left it on Speaker.

Now, I changed "speaker" to "car stereo.”

Success! Now I have Audio for spoken directions & Siri speaks.

Note: PCM is my Macan

Porsche BT 4844 is my 911

The name of the device may show up differently on other model years.

HTH others with the same problem.

(I still have no solution for the quiet phone on the Macan PCM on Bluetooth. In the 911, volume for the phone is just fine. I must remember to use the steering wheel volume knob b4 using phone)

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on May 8, 2024 11:14 PM

1 reply

iPhone navigation silent when connected to car bluetooth--SOLVED!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.