Unknown error-Messages is stuffed!!

Reset my apple ID 5 days ago. Just tried sending a text via my:

MacBook Air; M1, 2020; Apple M1; 8 GB Mem; running MacOS 14.0 (23A344)

It wouldn't send!

After exited Messages and restarting my laptop, Messages asks me to sign in; but when I do it just spns and spins and then finally barfs up the "Unknown error" message.

Google fixes and I have tried ALL the recommended steps everywhere, including all those at: If you can't turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime on iPad, Mac or Apple Vision Pro – Apple Support (AU)

(except NVRAM reset, because it's not applicable to the M1):

Yes, I have internet; No there's not an outage; No there are no updates needed; Yes, my the correct time, date and time zone have been selected; Yes, I've checked my apple id & password and restarted my laptop; No, there's no VPN or security software; Yes, I've signed into appleid.apple.com and verified my password; Yes, I still need help....YES, I'M FRUSTRATED AND WASTING TIME!!!!

I went to my apple ID account online and signed in with my new password. Still no luck.

Curiously FaceTime is asking me to sign in also; but when I hit the blue button, it goes gray; but nothing happens.

Pretty darn frustrating. I used to do IT support for an online backup product, so I'm not a total imbecile. Seems others are also having issue with the same thing-so feels buggy to me. I never should have updated my Mac!! I ALWAYS used to wait for like 6 months to let apple work out all the bugs first. Guess I'll have to go back to that.

Yeah, it's an abusive relationship I have with Apple. Yes, I know I should probably leave.....but sometimes it can be soooooo goooooood-you know? But other times......

Help..... anyone?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 8, 2024 11:37 PM

There are no replies.

Unknown error-Messages is stuffed!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.