Export iCloud contacts to outlook.com on Mac

This is an answer to Apple contacts Export to Outlook contacts - Apple Community

Henderson82 asks how to Export iCloud contacts to outlook.com on Mac. I found a solution to this problem (see below). I could not reply to the original question as replies were closed.

Posted on May 9, 2024 12:21 AM

1 reply

May 9, 2024 12:46 AM in response to Math_CGN

I had the same problem and solved it by using a .csv file from Outlook (outlook.com) and used it as a template.

Here are the steps I followed:

1) Sign into outlook.com. Export at least one contact into a .csv file and save it on your Mac

2) Open the exported .csv file on your Mac with a spreadsheet application (I used Excel, but others including Numbers should work as well)

3) Remove the content from the .csv file but keep the first line (titles/descriptions, e.g. First Name)

4) Open the applications Contacts and Numbers on your Mac

5) Create a blank sheet in Numbers

6) Select all contacts that you want to export in the Contacts App. Drag and drop them into your blank Numbers sheet. A list with all information should appear.

7) Copy the data column by column into the .csv file created from outlook.com (see steps 1 -3). Do not copy the first line (titles/descriptions) from Numbers. Keep the first line in the .csv instead. Copy into the best matching column. Save the .csv file after all content is copied from Numbers.

8) Import this .csv file into outlook.com.

Using this method I successfully copied 380 contacts into outlook.com. Some dates of birth were imported incorrectly (e.g. switching month and date). All other data were copied without error.

Export iCloud contacts to outlook.com on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.