Remove Apple Pay from Instacart

I used Apple Pay in a pinch for an order and now it’s the default. I want it removed completely. I called them

and their solution is to remove it from my iPhone completely.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on May 9, 2024 5:42 AM

10 replies

May 9, 2024 8:06 AM in response to geodenjr

Many apps employ what are sometimes known as <sticky settings>. Instacart has designed their app to remember your last used payment method. In my opinion the majority of users don’t want to go through the inconvenience of reselecting all their payment information. Sticky settings are a convenience for the user and can be a time saver.

Once you pay with another payment method, that should become the default. I have many apps that work that way. For example my electric bill, gas station and several retailers all remember my last payment method.

Instacart is responsible for support for their apps and website.

May 9, 2024 11:21 AM in response to geodenjr

geodenjr wrote:

lol. I’m looking for someone that might have experienced this and found a solution. Not a review of how things work. I have contacted them to no avail and they directed me to Apple as their only solution is remove it completely.

There is no "solution". Instacart shows the available payment types it takes. And it will default to the last one you used. For me, it's an Instacart-branded credit card. If you have used ApplePay, it will default to that UNTIL you use something different. Then, it will default to that. Instacart is not going to remove one of the payment types they accept simply because you don't use it. I shop on lots of sites that offer GPay as a payment option. I don't use that, never have. But, it remains an option for those vendors.

It's not clear if you are ordering from Instacart from the Instacart app on your phone or if you are ordering by using the website. If you generally use the website, you can use a different browser than Safari. You shouldn't see the option for Apple Pay if you use Chrome or Firefox.

Remove Apple Pay from Instacart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.