with Advanced Data Protection on, iCloud Data Web Access does not work!

So, I turned on Advanced Data Protection, and then enabled Acess iCloud Data on the Web.

This is suppose to be more secure and still allow access to Photos on icloud.com web.

It says it is asking for permission to display the data (photos), and sometimes I get a message on my iPhone, in which I tap Allow Acess, but the icloud.com always responds with, no reponse from your device.

And of course does not display any Photos.

On Windows 10 I've tried Chrome, Edge, and Brave. None of them allow this to work correctly.

I also tried my iPad with Safari. Still not working.

Is there a minimum amount of time that must pass before web access works after enabling ADP?

For example, do I need to wait 24 hours or 48 hours after turning on ADP before icloud web access works?

Or does this feature just not work as Apple said it would?

FYI, when I turn off ADP, I can see all my photos at icloud.com.

I do like the idea of more security. I wonder if Apple really does.

Posted on May 9, 2024 8:04 AM

1 reply

May 9, 2024 9:23 AM in response to tomgonz

UPDATE. I turned ADP off and then back on. icloud was still not seeing the photos. So I waited a couple of hours. Now icloud.com can see my photos, with permission of course.

So it seems there is a delay of some kind from turning on ADP before the icloud web access will work.

Hopefully this helps someone.

with Advanced Data Protection on, iCloud Data Web Access does not work!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.