Sent payment wrong number

i need my rebound back I sent it to the wrong person wrong number. Please

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on May 9, 2024 8:47 AM

1 reply

May 9, 2024 8:56 AM in response to harmonyp

If the receiver has not accepted it yet, then you can cancel the Apple Cash transaction. If they have accepted it, you will need to ask them for the money back. Apple only recommends sending Apple Cash to people you know. If you know the person, then this is usually done by selecting the person in your Contacts and not by manually entering the phone number. It is presumed that if you mistakenly sent it to another person in your Contacts, you would know them as well and can get the money back.

Apple Cash is a private person to person transaction, similar to giving someone $20 on the street. You can do it, but it will be up to them to give the money back if you wish. As stated in the support article for Apple Cash:

If you don't see Cancel Payment, the person has already accepted the payment. Try asking the recipient to send the money back to you instead.

Apple Cash person-to-person payments are like any other private transaction between two people, so only send and receive money with people you know. If you have questions or concerns about a transaction, please contact us.

Send and receive money with Apple Cash - Apple Support

Sent payment wrong number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.