Quicken for Mac not downloading QFX files.

After a recent Quicken update and Apple update, my Quicken for Mac will not recognize Quicken as an identified developer. Instead of loading the QFX fine into Quicken, it defaults to Banktivity. When I try to change the target program from Banktivity to Quicken , the Quicken app is greyed out. I am using Sonoma 14.4.1 and Quicken 7.7.0. Is it my Mac, Quicken, or something else?

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 9, 2024 9:25 AM

5 replies

May 9, 2024 10:49 AM in response to DropBack10

There is an answer to a similar problem in the Quicken Community. It might be partially right since I downloaded and then deleted three of the four months I was trying to upload. It doesn't explain way January would not show up.

Read below:

Quicken isn't recognizing them because it sees them the second time as a duplicate of a transaction that it has already seen (the 1800) and it has. The originals were the ones you deleted.

One way around that is to download into a new temporary account, accept the ones you need and then move them to the original account. When you are done with that, delete the temporary account. The next time you do the QFX download, Quicken will recognize any dups and not show them and only present the new transactions.

If you have a recent backup, you could restore it and you will find that you second downloaded QFX file should be imported and displayed in the downloaded transaction area.

May 9, 2024 10:32 AM in response to Jeff Donald

So far I have simply looked on the internet for similar issues and found none. When I realized the files were attempting to go to Banktivity, which I have installed but not used since 2016, instead of Quicken I tried the dialogue to change the targeted program. I am too scared to do the “override” that I read about on the net. I was thinking of just uninstalling Banktivity since I no longer need the files that I had been saving it for. One more fact: I was trying to bring in my January, February, March and April statements from my Apple Card on my iPhone as I usually do. At first January failed. February came over. I deleted it (foolishly) from Quicken to try January again so they would be in order (I know, not necessary) . After that , non would load into Quicken.

May 9, 2024 1:45 PM in response to Jeff Donald

I went through steps that were clear enough but I likely can't express clearly here and fix it. I imported the QFX file into an Apple specific file in my Quicken along with two other files I have. Then I struggled for about an hour trying to copy them into the correct file. No go. Then I managed to get them into the correct account as yet another account and then moved the transactions from that bogus account to the one I had tried all along to update. Phew. Thank you for responding. It gave me faith.

Quicken for Mac not downloading QFX files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.