Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

The iPad Pro expected delivery dates

The iPad presentation on 5/7 said the new iPad Pros would be available next week. I ordered one (11”) and it won’t be available until 6-17 the earliest. That is 5 weeks! The larger iPad had the same arrival time. What gives? Anyone in the know?

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on May 9, 2024 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2024 11:52 AM

When you preorder, based on the time of your order you join a queue.

The later you wait, the further out the shipping date will be.

10 replies

May 9, 2024 11:55 AM in response to kks-retirement_coach

I’m pretty sure it’s because the amount of people putting in orders. Just like with anything on release date, there is always a huge influx at the beginning because everyone has to have the newest and greatest. With everyone ordering, they are going to ship them in the order that the orders are received. So if you were to log in right away and be the first one to order then you would get yours right away. As the queue builds up, it’s going to be further and further out because they are going to have to fulfill all the orders that came in before yours. That date they give is when the first orders will be shipped out.

May 9, 2024 12:30 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright wrote:

I usually just imagine what I would do with one of those large jackpots when it gets mentioned in the news. All the fun but without spending money on a ticket.

One of my clients was the largest lottery management contractor in the US (at the time). Their favorite saying was “your chances of winning are about the same whether you buy a ticket or not."

The iPad Pro expected delivery dates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.