Why does Apple AirTag provide inaccurate Information?

The air tag must be the worst thing ever from Apple. My cat lost his collar and air tag told me it was oin my garden. I searchthe hole area but could not find it anywhere. For two veek it’s says that the airtag wason the same spot, but nothing to find.After that two weeks the airtag was spotted two km from home and I drove to search for it but couldn’t find it.My cat has never been at that place. Today I got a ping from it and now it’s in Gothenburg. From home to Gothenburg its nearly 300km , so much for that rehability. Wonder how Apple dear to have such bad product and say that it’s good.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

AirTag

Posted on May 12, 2024 3:04 AM

2 replies

May 12, 2024 8:25 AM in response to Lazze54

Apple never designed these AirTags for tracking either people or pets ... so, using them as such, will definitely not provide you with satisfactory results. They were designed to help you locate a misplace item, like your car keys.

If you want to be abe to track your cat, then you should consider getting a dedicated GPS tracker designed for this purpose.

May 12, 2024 6:27 PM in response to Lazze54

The AirTag is not a GPS tracker, it uses Bluetooth just like the other low cost trackers such as Tiles. The location will update when another iPhone is within Bluetooth range and that device will then update the location of the tracker. If you are looking for a GPS tracker, then you will be paying quite a bit more money to support that service.

Why does Apple AirTag provide inaccurate Information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.