How to fix Apple mail crashing issue when filing emails on Mac?

Hello! I need urgent help what i can to do retrieve my emails without back up, deleting and putting them again. My mail box is atleast 200 gb filed various folder wise "on my mac"

Today, i was filing my emails and the mail kept crashing. When i checked to see if the emails were filed, it was gone - there is no subject, no mail, nothing. See attached screenshot.

This was also happening frequently with mails recieved - some are okay and some just vanish. i can see them on my phone but now that i have filed it on my mac, i cannot see it on my phone also.

Please help to understand what is causing this problem and how i can solve it.

I contacted apple care but that was the regular solution - back up, delete and put it back.

Thank you.

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 16, 2024 4:40 AM

1 reply

May 17, 2024 10:45 AM in response to Unnatichamadia

Unnatichamadia wrote:

Hello! I need urgent help what i can to do retrieve my emails without back up, deleting and putting them again. My mail box is atleast 200 gb filed various folder wise "on my mac"
Today, i was filing my emails and the mail kept crashing. When i checked to see if the emails were filed, it was gone - there is no subject, no mail, nothing. See attached screenshot.

This was also happening frequently with mails recieved - some are okay and some just vanish. i can see them on my phone but now that i have filed it on my mac, i cannot see it on my phone also.

Please help to understand what is causing this problem and how i can solve it.

I contacted apple care but that was the regular solution - back up, delete and put it back.

Thank you.

[Edited by Moderator]

You can try rebuilding a corrupt mailbox/folder on your mac

Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac

How to fix Apple mail crashing issue when filing emails on Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.