How to fix Apple Pencil Pro showing welcome screen on iPad Pro M4

Every time I stick my already paired Apple Pencil Pro to my iPad pro m4 11 magnetic connector, the welcome message shows up, as if it was the first time i sticked it in. Normally it should just show battery percentage of the pencil, and it did yestarday. But today it always shows the "whats new in apple pencil" tab. Otherwise the pencil works perfectly and it doesn't seem as if it is unpairing every time.

Also, if I'm on the lockscreen and do it, it shows that the pen is pairing (screenshot). I tried restarting ipad a few times and re-pair the pencil too, but it just doesn't work.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Pencil Pro

Posted on May 16, 2024 10:08 AM

2 replies

May 17, 2024 12:31 AM in response to neizumei

idk if a hard reset would help or not, but here we go:

(you can stick your Apple Pencil Pro on your iPad first )

-Press and release volume up button (quickly)

-Press and release volume down button (quickly)

-Press and hold power button , until you see the apple logo

BTW, Apple Pencil Pro + iPad pro m4!?Good for you! I want that too! (from iPad pro 2018)

May 17, 2024 12:49 AM in response to SUKi196

Hi! Thanks for help. I tried hard restarting it a few times,but it didn't help.

But I found a solution. I needed to restart all the settings through Settings -> General -> Transfer or reset iPad - > Reset -> Reset all settings.

I had to set all my settings again, but the issue with pencil was solved.

BTW Yeah, it's a great piece of hardware and software (except for that one bug I encountered :p).

How to fix Apple Pencil Pro showing welcome screen on iPad Pro M4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.