iPhone will not allow app tracking after updating to iOS 17.5

It is not allowing my phone to allow app tracking after updating to iOS 17.5. I have an error message which says that my age is missing which is not. How do I fix this?

Posted on May 16, 2024 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2024 3:09 PM

Yes—the same thing happened to me. I’m gonna go through withdrawl playing games because I play for points on Fetch and it won’t let me play without the setting!! Lol

26 replies

May 16, 2024 4:17 PM in response to Mbybeefields

Same for me but I contacted Fetch for a fix. This was the response. It worked for me, for now.

If you use Fetch Play on an iOS device and are seeing the App Tracking toggle in your device's settings grayed out, please try the following to access Fetch Play:

1) Open your device's Settings and tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.

2) Select "Media & Purchases" and sign out.

3) Open Fetch Play in the Fetch app and tap "Allow" to enable tracking if asked. If you want to play games you already downloaded, you can skip the rest of the steps.

4) If you want to download a new game, select the game from your Catalog and tap "Install".

5) Sign in if prompted.

6) After the game is downloaded, repeat Steps 1-2.

7) Open the new game and tap "Allow" to enable tracking when asked.

We anticipate a fix for this issue should be implemented soon, at which point you will be able to access Fetch Play just as you normally have.

May 17, 2024 2:13 PM in response to kyu cheul

It’s been going on for me for the past two days and I couldn’t figure it out and apple support couldn’t either. I love how we’re all Fetch users wanting our points lol. In the meantime if you sign out of Apple ID it will work until you sign back in! Today’s support person told me an update should be released soon and it should be fixed by tomorrow morning.

iPhone will not allow app tracking after updating to iOS 17.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.