MAIL APP NOT WORKING CORRECTLY

Mail App not working at all.

I am using an hotmail account and a gmail account.

Problems with hotmail:

It keeps disconnecting and I get an error message claiming the password is wrong. Enter it again and again says it is wrong. I leave it long and later is working fine. Randomly! And then the error appears again. It is like this since the last update.

• Only happens with iMac and MacBooks, not with iPhone or iPad.
  • My devices are all updated.
  • Tried removing account - didn't work
  • Tried changing passwords - same.
  • Tried new user, blank, same.
  • Also, and this error has years: sent folder has duplicate emails.

Problems with gmail:

All my devices use Mail App. If I have 5 flagged messages on MacBook, I should have 5 flagged messages in iPhone, right? Wrong. Now I have 5 messages flagged on Macbook, 3 on my iPhone, 2 on my iPad.

I am about to give up. Contacted Apple support, they say it's Microsoft's fault. Contacted Microsoft, they say it's Apple's fault. No help at all!! Very disappointed.

MacBook Air 11″

Posted on May 16, 2024 12:31 PM

2 replies

May 17, 2024 6:58 AM in response to anittaribeiro

Open Keychain Access and look for any entries for your hotmail account. Make sure they are your hotmail account and not some other login that uses your hotmail account. Delete the account entries. Look for more than one, but there may only be one.

Then, open Mail and try to put that account online. It should ask for your username and password.

If that doesn't work, it is likely a hotmail problem. I would periodically have the same problem with cox. The server just wasn't working correctly.

MAIL APP NOT WORKING CORRECTLY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.