Some Curiosities About the iPad

I have been using the iPad Air 2 and it has been a great experience, how ever, its time to get an upgrade so I am about to get the iPad Air 13" M2 (2024). But before I purchase it I want to make some things clear to myself:

1. My iPad Air 2 has a bug/problem where if I do charge it to 100% then it just shuts off and then keeps showing a low-battery logo and refuse to turn, even on force restart unless plugged-in. will this problem transfer or migrate to my new device?
  2. Recently, I deleted the News app, and the Reminders app, and when I tried to download it from the App Store, it prompts me with a "App could not be installed" thingy. I viewed in the tech specs of the iPad Air 2024 that the Reminders and the News app(s) were Built-in into the iPad, so I wanna know that if I transfer my data from my Air 2 to the new one, will only the old apps show or will the apps that were built in the new iPad also show? (i.e. I did not have the Reminders and the News app(s) in my old Air 2, but the New Air 2024 has them Pre-installed, so if I transfer my data from the Air 2 to the new Air, will the Reminders and News app(s) that were in the newer one, still show?)

Please Answer Quick!!!!

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 17, 2024 11:02 AM

2 replies

May 17, 2024 1:14 PM in response to marcloarc220

1. No. That sounds like a failing battery and would not carry over to a new device.
  2. The new iPad if setup using your backup may not show the 2 apps you are referring to. Your current iPad Air 2 can’t run OS17 which is why it isn’t allowing you to re-install them. You shouldn’t have any trouble installing them on a new one if they are indeed not there after you use your backup.

Some Curiosities About the iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.