Can’t sign out Apple ID

I can’t sign out of my apple

ID and I also can’t turn off find my iPhone. I got a new iPhone and want to reset/delete my own iPhone. I have already tried all the basic suggestions in old posts.

The two reasons I get are.

1. Could not sign out - there was a problem removing this iPhone from your account. Try signing out again.
  2. Cannot erase iPhone - there was a problem removing this iPhone from your account. Try erasing this iPhone again.

look forward to some help. Thank you

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on May 17, 2024 2:47 PM

8 replies

May 18, 2024 7:01 AM in response to Joelhew

• After you reset all settings, did you log back in to your Wifi. Resetting will remove WiFi passwords and you will need to manually enter the password again in order to have an internet connection to remove your Apple ID.
  • Are you able to remove the phone from Find My first, then sign out?

Remove a device from Find Devices on iCloud.com - Apple Support

• Do you have any configuration profiles as Settings > General > VPN & Device Management?
  • Have you tried to force restart the phone. This will take a couple of attempts to get the speed and sequence of the key presses correct and the last step of holding the side button until the Apple logo appears could take up to 20 seconds. Ignore anything else that appears on the screen.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Can’t sign out Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.